Localization system for pedestrian.


Human localization: real-time localization and tracking in hazardous and GPS-denied areas.

Mapping: speedy estimation of the maps of unknown buildings and underground areas.

Behavioural analysis: training and debriefing analysis of the operators behaviour during a mission.

Arianna is a tracking system based on inertial (and ancillary) sensors for indoor applications. We are selling this system in several configurations for the civilian market or for firefighters, instead for military applications we are in partnership with Thales. Arianna is based on a sensor to be installed over a shoe or buried inside the shoe. The rough data can be transmitted via Bluetooth or by wire to the computing system.

Our basic configurations are:

  1. smart sensor that implements 90% of the computing task on the sensors. The pre-processed data can be transmitted to a smart sensor or to a  Black box or directly transmitted to a control center where the remaining 10% of computing can be carried out;
  2. small sensor connected by wire: in this case the computing unit is a black box with a relevant computing power. The X,Y and Z (position) is transmitted with a radio modem to a control station;
  3. sensor without computing unit but with a local memory for debriefing application (computation map after mission).

We also have a powerful SW for implementing contextual navigation, i.e. navigation with tags or RFID. This method increases the localization precision for long missions.

The localization precision depends on several factors. We say that the error is a function of the navigation length (independently on the time elapsed). Generally we have a maximum error of 1% of the length, but the length must be at least 500 m. The consumption depends on the time: we can provide several batteries for different needs.

Multichannel Acquisition System

The System is used to acquire and process up to 256 audio channels. It is completely configurable from 8 to 256 audio channels. It is based on CAS boards and on a single managing board to be installed in a common cabinet.
This device is especially useful to process in parallel the output of a large acoustical array and is based on two proprietary boards: an acquisition board (D00210-01B) and a processing board (D00210-03A).

SDR Basic Hw

The System comprises two proprietary products: a RF demodulator (D00200-01A) and a processing board (D00200-02A).

The RF demodulator manages the 400–4500 MHz band frequency

The processing board drives the RF demodulator and implements digital algorithms, such as:

  • Communication (e.g. signal demodulation, equalization, decoding, etc.)
  • Radar processing (signal compression, detection, MTI, clutter management)
  • Direction finding

Complex SDR Board

The board D00234-01A can be employed as a versatile test bed for a wideband radar receiver or a SDR (Software Design Radio) communication receiver/waveform generator.

The board can acquire I/Q baseband signal (implementing channel diversity) and generate the I/Q output baseband waveform.